It is important with your planning to Disney to know what you can and cannot bring with you into the park. You don’t want security to require you to leave items so you can pick up later or worse, not get back.
What NOT to bring (per Disney world website):
- Remote control toys
- Inline skates
- Shoes with built-in wheels
- Strollers larger than 36″ x 52″ (92 x 132 cm)
- Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24″ (61 cm) long x 15″ (38 cm) wide x 18″ (46 cm) high. Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
- Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Weapons of any kind or object that appear to be weapons (toy guns, toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
- Folding chairs
- Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
- Pets (unless they are service animals, defined as any dog or miniature horse trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability)
- Balloons and straws are not permitted in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals
- Tripod stands or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack
- Wrapped gifts (all gifts must be able to be unwrapped for inspection)
- Selfie sticks (hand-held extension poles for cameras and mobile devices)
You can bring your own food (as long as it does not need to be heated) I have many people ask me about this. It is a good saving tip to bring your own snacks and/or beverages. Remember NO glass. These tips will help you with your planning at Disney.
Remember your bags,strollers, vests, purses, etc. will be searched when you enter a park. Also, you will go through a metal detector. Remember to allow extra time for this in your travel time into the park. Lines can get very long. Their are also lines for no bags. FYI-This includes my vest (as a bag).
Enjoy your day in the Park!