Exciting changes coming to Disneyworld in 2018!! I recommend signing up for the monthly newsletter to better get information and see some neat pictures!!
Recap of improvements made during 2017:-Pandora at Animal Kingdom-THIS WAS HUGE!!
- Flight of Passage has the longest wait of any ride in the 4 parks. This wait can last up to 3 Hours!! Be sure to plan accordingly.
- Devil in the details. You must see and experience this area in both the day and night. They are two totally different experiences.
- Animal Kingdom starts the night off right with River of Lights Show
- At Hollywood Studios a new lounge was opened called Baseline. You can find this lounge near the Sci-Fi restaurant.
- One Man’s Dream was renamed to Walt Disney Presents at Hollywood Studios
- With Osborne Lights gone Hollywood Studios as Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM and Flurry of Fun for the holidays
- The Great Movie Ride was closed as a result of new construction for the Mickey and Minnie railroad ride.
- Star Wars is brought to Hollywood Studios: It is a Galactic Spectacular
- Magic Kingdom now has the Muppets presenting memorable moments in American History
- The Stitch ride in Magic Kingdom is now only offered seasonally.
- Happily Ever After and Once Upon a Time are the names of the new fireworks presented at Magic Kingdom
- At Epcot they are introducing a new Frozen dessert party.
- At Mission Space, the Green side underwent changes to now make it different from the Orange side.
- Epcot introduced the Festival of the Arts in January 2017
- Ellen’s Universe of Energy was closed to make room for the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride.
- Epcot SpectauLAB opens
- Magic Bands 2 released
- Epcot celebrates 35 Years of creating memories!
- Magic Bands 2 released
- New restaurants and shops open at Disney Springs
- Disney introduces online ordering for many counter service restaurants
- 20th Anniversary of the ½ Marathon
- New Minnie Vans by Lyft on Disney property
- Disney Quest closed
- La Nouba Cirque du Soleil closes
- Hall of Presidents is reopened
What’s New for 2018?
- Hollywood Studios will have the opening of Toy Story Land. Rumor is it could be late May, cross your fingers!
- Hall of Presidents to reopen with new president and new animatronics.
- Animal Kingdom to close Flights of Wonder and open up a new show with Dug and Russell of Up. I will be anxious to see the new show (I loved Flights of Wonder!)
- New 15 story tower resort in Coronado Springs! With new roof top restaurant.
- Stitch’s Great Escape closing for good.
- Disney Springs introduces new dining and shops
- Staying at select Disney resorts at Disney Springs now can get fast passes 60 days in advance
I have no doubt that additional changes and improvements will happen that have not yet been announced in 2018. Stay tuned through my newsletters, website and Facebook page for new happenings at Disney!!